mRNA Delivery Vector
To become a viable clinical option, apart from design and optimization of mRNA, another critical factor in mRNA therapeutics is the identification of a delivery vehicle that enables efficient and safe systemic delivery of mRNA to multiple tissues. An ideal delivery vehicle is required to cross the specific cell membrane in order to reach the cytoplasm, protecting the mRNA from nuclease degradation as well as minimizing its specific innate immune stimulation. To maximize the therapeutic impact of the novel generation medicines, Creative Biogene has launched a vector platform for design and improving mRNA delivery. Our platform offers a series of delivery vehicles with greater payload capacity. With a focus on high encapsulation efficiency, scalability of production and low maintenance cost, our leading technologies are at the forefront of the mRNA-based drug research and development field.
Fig.1 Schematic illustration of the production and successful systemic delivery of IVT-mRNA using nonviral vector approach. (Guan, S., & Rosenecker, J, 2017)
Challenges of mRNA delivery
Since the first pre-clinical studies in the 1990s, significant advances in mRNA therapeutics have been made to maximize the therapeutic impact of the novel generation medicines. In addition to optimizing mRNA construction, the methods and vehicles for intracellular delivery remain the major barrier to the broad application of mRNA therapeutics. The efficient intracellular delivery of mRNA presents challenges, including mRNA stability, efficient protein translation, minimization of pro-inflammatory responses, and cellular uptake. Since mRNA is an inherently unstable molecule, it is easily degraded by nuclease. Previous studies have demonstrated that the absorption of mRNA in the absence of a delivery system is extremely low, and the half-life of mRNA is approximately 7 h. Besides, the large size of mRNA molecules (300-5,000 kDa, ~1-15 kb) and its high negative charge density affect its permeability across the cell membranes. Therefore, for an effective transfection, the delivery system should meet the conditions:
- Bind mRNA to form complexes,
- Protect mRNA from intracellular and extracellular nuclease degradation,
- Promote cellular uptake,
- Enable the release of mRNA into the cytoplasm.
mRNA delivery vector service of Creative Biogene
- Lipid-based system: lipid nanoparticles (LNPs)
- Polymeric system: polymeric nanoparticles (PNPs)
- Hybrid system: lipid-Polymer nanoparticles (LPNs)
- Cationic Nanoemulsions
Benefits of mRNA delivery vector
- Have a wide therapeutic index
- Enable to target multiple cells
- High mRNA encapsulation efficiency
- One-stop solution with the most competitive price
Creative Biogene is a dedicated service provider in the field of mRNA-based drug research and development. The effective in vivo mRNA delivery system is critical to the efficiency of target antigen expression. With the available state-of-the-art facilities and highly experienced staff, we strive to offer our customers a turn-key service for mRNA delivery needs. We guarantee the finest service for our customers all over the world. Contact us for more information right now!
- Kowalski, P. S., et al. (2019). "Delivering the messenger: advances in technologies for therapeutic mRNA delivery." Molecular Therapy, 27(4), 710-728.
- Guan, S., & Rosenecker, J. (2017). "Nanotechnologies in delivery of mRNA therapeutics using nonviral vector-based delivery systems." Gene therapy, 24(3), 133-143.