Liposome-Based mRNA Delivery
Creative Biogene is a dedicated mRNA delivery vector service provider. We continuously challenge ourselves to stay ahead and remain one of the leading mRNA delivery service providers worldwide. We specialize in the development and manufacture of mRNA delivery vectors, and our team has extensive experience working with a wide range of preclinical and commercial customers. To better serve our global customers, we also provide liposomes, a common non-viral gene carrier, for mRNA delivery. Liposomes are cost efficient and highly suitable for non-toxic in vitro and in vivo delivery of exogenous genetic material into specific cell types.
What are liposomes
Liposomes are generally small circular vesicles with hydrophilic nuclei, consisting of one (unilamellar) or more (multilamellar) phospholipid layers that facilitates uptake by cell via endocytosis or endocytosis-like mechanisms. Liposomes are typically prepared using materials that contain polar head groups and nonpolar tails, spurring vesicle formation via hydrophobic and hydrophilic interactions. Thanks to the unique vesicular structure, cargo of interest can be encapsulated within liposomes in either the aqueous compartment or within the lipid bilayer, thus shields the encapsulated cargo from degradation. The formulation of liposome can be further optimized. Cholesterol and PEG- lipid are used to stabilize vesicles and to avoid immune cell attack, respectively. In addition, liposomes can target specific cells by adding targeting proteins and surface functional ligands on the outer shell of the lipid bilayer.
Fig.1 Liposomes-based mRNA Delivery. (Kowalski, P. S., et.al, 2019)
As a specialized delivery vehicle, liposome delivery systems have substantial advantages, including
- Biodegradable, biocompatible and non-pathogenic
- Easy and scalable manufacturing
- Exhibiting high agent-loading efficiency
- The possible surface modifications
- Diversity due to various lipid compositions
Target-oriented and scalable liposome production
Liposomes are cost efficient and highly suitable for non-toxic in vitro and in vivo delivery of mRNA. After years of practice and exploration, we have accumulated rich experience in production of liposome that has been validated by the amount of experimental cases. We provide target-oriented and scalable liposome production for mRNA delivery system with the best quality at the most competitive price. The non-toxic formulation of liposome contains charged or ionizable lipid, cholesterol and PEG- lipid among other, can be flexibly regulated according to customers' specific application, and the high degree of delivery efficacy and reproducibility of formulation are guaranteed.
Benefits of our service
- Enabling rapid and scalable liposome manufacturing
- Custom support from skillful scientists
- Quality assurance under strict control
- One-stop solution with the most competitive price
For years, based on knowledge and experience, Creative Biogene has been offering sustainable inventive solutions at low maintenance cost according to our global customers' needs. We are committed to a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and world-class customer support. If you have any needs or queries about our service, please don't hesitate to contact us or directly send us an inquiry.
- Abraham, M. K., et al. (2017). "Nanoliposomes for Safe and Efficient Therapeutic mRNA Delivery: A Step Toward Nanotheranostics in Inflammatory and Cardiovascular Diseases as well as Cancer." Nanotheranostics, 1(2), 154–165.
- Hajj, K. A., & Whitehead, K. A. (2017). "Tools for translation: non-viral materials for therapeutic mRNA delivery." Nature Reviews Materials, 2(10), 1-17.
- Kowalski, P. S., et al. (2019). "Delivering the messenger: advances in technologies for therapeutic mRNA delivery." Molecular Therapy, 27(4), 710-728.